Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy week with the family!

Wow, you might can tell from the lack of blog postings lately how crazy busy life has been the last week or so.  Except for last Friday, I've had to wake up between 6-6:30am EVERY DAY since last Monday!!  That's 7 days of EARLY wake-up calls, and if you know me at all, you know I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON.  Seriously, I felt like death waking up Sunday for work.  I haven't been working overtime or anything (HA!), but I spent last Thursday helping my youngest sister move-in at Auburn and then Saturday we were in Tuscaloosa for my brother-in-law's graduation.  Both of those days I was leaving my house by 7am.  Then of course I came right back to work yesterday and today.  Needless to say, I am WHOOPED!  Sooooo ready to sleep in tomorrow!!!!  And our house has gotten just about as much neglect as my blog has, so I'm thinking it's gonna be a cleaning/laundry day tomorrow.  But the best part is, I'm taking a vacation day this week and me, Greg, and 2 other couples are headed to the mountains of TN for a nice little vacation :)  I cannot wait!

But, let's go back to last week.  Our dear Emily headed off to start her sophomore year at Auburn on Thursday, and her semester kicks off with a bang with her sorority's rush week.  Auburn doesn't have greek housing, but they have designated greek halls in certain dorms.  So she's on the Alpha Chi Omega hall with her other "sisters."
 She lives with 3 other girls in a small apartment-style dorm, but she gets her own room, which I think she's happy about.  I just kept reminding her how I had to share a room until I was senior.  And I'm pretty sure she gave me the "did-you-walk-uphill-both-ways-through-the-snow-to-get-there?" look.  Haha.  I felt old watching all those sophomore girls, chit-chatting about their college drama, bouncing from room to room checking out each other's setup.  Although apparently I didn't look much older, cause the girl handing out room keys asked me if I was checking-in.  Story of my life.
 Then Saturday we went to Tuscaloosa for Chuck's graduation.  He graduated with a degree in exercise sports science.  We were so proud of him.

Chuck has never been a huge fan of school.  He changed his major a few times trying to figure out exactly what he wanted to study, and I know he's so happy to be done with school!  I'm excited to see what job he will find.  And I know Katie is happy to have him in Birmingham 100% of the time.  He's been driving back and forth between here and Ttown ever since they got married a year ago.
So yeah, it was a busy busy week last week!  SO thankful for my vacation day this week and can't wait for our trip to the mountains!  Until then, it's cleaning and gardening on my current to-list.  Oh, and I'll be posting a salsa recipe soon that got raving reviews (thanks to the boys!).

No comments: